If you are in search of a good job, you need to pay attention to so many things, such as researching the prospective employers, practicing the interview, checking the range of salary for your role and much more. But apart from all these things, a resume is the one which is the first impression of yours on the other people. It is a document which portrays your skills , your talents, your academics and your experience. All in all, a resume is like you summed up in a document. Therefore, it is really important to keep your resume up to date and add all the work experiences in that whether new or old.
If you are willing to get a top notch job and want to score best for that job, you should make sure that you are having a freshly polished resume, which will grab the attention of the reader. You can impress the reader by having a perfect drafted resume. It really makes a lot of impact. Most of the people are of the view that drafting of resume is not much important rather than the experiences written in it. But one should always keep in mind that the experiences has to be written in a well-versed form so that the reader can see them all at a glance, which can only happen if one has a perfect resume.
How to Write a Top- Quality Resume in Simple Steps
Well, not everyone can draft a perfect resume for the very first time but one can learn, research and practice about that. A top quality resume holds so much importance nowadays as because of the pandemic of coronavirus, everything has shifted to the online method. Therefore, if you want to apply for an internship in the top companies or for a job, you need to have a perfect resume. This is because the first step that you need to do is to send your resume to that specific company and on the basis of your resume and cover letter, the next step is decided. Thus, the practice of an interview or working on the communication skills becomes the secondary factor and the primary factor is to have a top quality resume. Here are some simple steps which will help you to write a perfect resume for yourself: –
- Craft A Lead- The very first step of writing a resume is to craft a lead. Start with your personal information such as your name, contact number, email address, LinkedIn profile link, etc. You can also write an objective statement below your contact information in order to make the reader keep reading your resume. This statement should be a summary of your experiences, relevant skills for the role that you want to seek. It can be of two to three sentences.
- Focus on your work experience- The bulk of the resume should be focused on the work experience. List your jobs in a chronological order from the most recent being at the top and the oldest at the bottom. Add meaningful information under them as what you did there and how you benefitted that company.
- Include soft skills- Always remember that interpersonal skills are really critical to the success of your career. Today, verbal communication, effective writing, creativity, time management and problem solving abilities are highly prized. It is really important to add all of these in your resume.
- Be unique- If you want your resume to stand out then it has to be unique. You can highlight your talents that are relevant for that position. For instance, if you are applying in a company which has international operations, then you can write about your fluency in Foreign languages.
- Mention some outside interests too- Most of the hiring managers like to gain a complete picture of an employer so try to mention dome outside skills too. But at the same time do not include a long list of your hobbies or personal pursuits and remember that it is a professional document.
- Try to add keywords- Most of the companies scan cover letters and resumes for the keywords that are used in their job posting. This means that you have to tailor your resume for each and every job description that you reply. For instance, if you are having an experience of “ maintaining executives’ calendars”, try to use that same phrase in the resume instead of writing it in a casual way such as “keeping track of the schedules”.
- Proofread your resume- A hiring manager who is sorting through more than a dozen resumes do not need much reasons to remove your resume from consideration. Therefore, you must proofread your resume in order to avoid any spelling mistakes or grammatical errors.
5 Tips and Tricks to Create a Top Quality Resume
- Keep your resume short and precise.
- Instead of copying templates, try to create an original template for your resume.
- Always use the right language in your resume.
- Avoid spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.
- Proofread your resume before submitting.
No doubt, every Industry, every job and every candidate will require to change and alter the writing tips mentioned above as per their convenience. For instance, a creative professional will include the links to his portfolios while a newly graduated student will be not be having much experience but he can include his seminars, class projects, etc. in his resume. The employers want to hire the people who can make a strong impact on others. Therefore, try to write a tailored resume that will have a good impact on the reader